Monday 9 May 2011

Must Have Sense of Humor

An update is in order, I think. This is the fastest way:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnaDanika49

Look at today's video. I wasn't paying attention to what I was listening to when I caught that broadcast; I think it was Radio 4, maybe Radio Ulster. Unfortunately, the truly crap radio signal from my house caused me to lose the rest of whatever it was. But I listened to the video a couple of times and yeah, that was me, and the woman from this morning. That explains the microphone. Sort of. And also, not at all.

So I thought about the envelope, which of course has my name and address on it. (The fact that some random person has my home address is something I don’t even want to think about just yet. Focus.) Well, there’s nothing much worth looking at on the outside of the envelope, so I thought I’d look inside, just to make sure I hadn’t missed a little note for me or something. It seemed like there was actually something written on the inside of the envelope maybe, so I cut it open, and now I’m sitting here with this mutilated envelope in my hands. And there was definitely something written inside.

It says “Linen Hall.” And then some numbers.

Why would some person record me and put me on the radio? And send me cryptic messages and nonsensical plastic maps? And where did she get my postal address??

I can picture her face perfectly; maybe I’ll do a police report. Except that’s ridiculous, because she didn’t actually do anything to me, of course. She just sent me some mail, and delivered a message. A message from who?

Anyway, maybe I should consider myself lucky ... I never get mail. This could be the start of a whole new thing for me. Being chased by the microphone paparazzi and getting free weird gifts in the mail. Awesome.

Trying to have a sense of humor about this.

CONT.

Per your request...


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ana,

    Wanna post up some pics of the numbers and everything you got in mail?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, do you have the mail? Or what didn't you have with you? How did you get it?

    -Tasder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I was on a computer lab computer, somebody was already signed in on Google, but that was me.
    Just got back from the day ... on my way to photograph the stuff and post it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so interesting! Anything else strange happen? Messages? Interesting books?

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely going to have to look closely at this. what were the numbers? is it a phone number or position?

    ReplyDelete