Monday 9 May 2011

Intrigue...?

This is a weird city.

I don’t get it. Why would a random person come up to me, out of the blue, ask my name, and give me a personal message? On a Monday afternoon in a bookshop?

That is exactly what happened this morning, and I have to say, it kind of freaked me out. I was popping into NoAlibis for a quick look around, when this woman came up to me and politely asked if I was Ana. When I said I was, she told me she had a message for me, something about ‘look carefully at what you receive.’ The whole time, she had a microphone in my face, and there was a dude shadowing her carrying a bunch of audio equipment. When I asked her who she was, she gave me a very odd look and wouldn’t say.

There were some people in the corner who weren’t looking at books, who were just talking to each other really quietly, and they seemed to be watching me. I don’t know, maybe that part was in my head, but I was so thrown off by that point that I didn’t know what to think, and I just left.

‘Look carefully at what you receive.’ Right.

Well, I can’t help connecting this with the thing I got in the mail last week. I haven’t received anything out of the ordinary besides that, and since this is now two very random, anonymous events happening in the space of about five days. I’m guessing they’re connected.

But right now I’m in a café jamming on the free wi-fi, and I have a meeting with my supervisor in a minute, so unfortunately I have run out of time for reflecting on the bizarre-ness that is my life. This evening I’ll have a good look at that thing again, try Googling some things on there maybe.

But seriously … what’s going on? Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment